HEARTSAVER INSTRUCTOR CANDIDATE: $275 Instructor Course + $165 Heartsaver Course DVD + $54.00 Heartsaver Instructor Manual. Purchase course DVD and Manual during registration or bring your own to class. Many Instructors choose to pay to have it shipped to them for an additional $10.
1. PROCESS OF BECOMING A HEARTSAVER INSTRUCTOR:
- Be accepted by an AHA Training Center (TC) prior to enrolling in the Instructor Course and have a completed Instructor Candidate Application on file with that Training Center (Details below in section 6)
- Have current American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Card and be proficient in all the skills. Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED may NOT be taken online-MUST BE CLASSROOM COURSE.
- Prior to class complete the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Online and print the Certificate of Completion (Details below in section 4)
- Successfully complete the Heartsaver classroom Instructor Course
- Successfully complete being monitored teaching a Heartsaver Course within three (3) months of completing the classroom Instructor Course (Details below in section 6)
- Heartsaver Instructors must be at least 18 years of age
- Have current American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Card and be proficient in all the skills. Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course may NOT be taken online-MUST BE CLASSROOM COURSE.
- Complete the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Online and print the Certificate of Completion to the Instructor class. (Details below in section 4)
- Align with an AHA Training Center accepting new Instructors (Details below in section 5)
3. REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
Registration and payment for the Heartsaver Instructor Course MUST be received prior to class. Register early, classes fill-up quickly. There are no reservations without payment. Class confirmation, directions, and Instructor Essentials keycode are sent by email. Because the Heartsaver Instructor Course covers a lot of material in a relatively short time, advanced preparation is required. NOTE: All classes have an enrollment cutoff date. Registering after cutoff date results in a late fee.
4. Heartsaver INSTRUCTOR ESSENTIALS Required:
Completion of the Instructor Essentials Course is required to become an AHA Instructor.
The Heartsaver Instructor Essentials is designed to prepare Instructor Candidate to teach AHA Instructor-led and blended learning courses, show how to adequately use AHA Instructor teaching materials, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills, provide an objective skills performance evaluation, and follow AHA Instructor and course policies. The Instructor Essentials Course is an online, self-directed, and discipline-specific course. A keycode is emailed to access the Essentials Course. The Heartsaver Instructor Essentials is a one-time only requirement.
Continuing education credits are offered by AHA for the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course.
Upon completion of the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course, the Instructor Candidate prints a Certificate of Completion which must be brought to the classroom Instructor Course.
All keycode sales are final. Keycode cannot be returned once it is issued.
5. TEXTBOOK/ MANUAL POLICY:
AHA policy states, "Each student must have the current, appropriate textbook readily available before, during and after the course." The Heartsaver Instructor Manual (15-1023) MUST be brought to the class.
The Heartsaver Instructor Manual may be purchased from Code One CPR, LLC. The Manual can be picked up prior to class or mailed for an additional fee.
6. TRAINING CENTER ALIGNMENT:
American Heart Association requires Instructor Candidates to align with an authorized Training Center that is accepting new Instructors when signing up for an Instructor Course. Code One CPR, LLC automatically aligns all Instructors who take Instructor Courses and does not charge an additional alignment fee.
If Instructor is aligned with another Training Center, please inform Code One CPR, LLC in advance and bring a completed Instructor Candidate Application to class signed by that Training Center's Training Center Coordinator.
7. COURSE MONITORING:
Instructor status is granted and an Instructor card is issued after the Instructor successfully completes the Instructor Course and demonstrates teaching skills while being monitored during a Heartsaver Course. The monitoring must take place within three (3) months of completing the Heartsaver Instructor Course. If Instructor is aligned with another Training Center, monitoring will be done and Instructor Card issued by that Training Center.